I’ve been cooking up some wholesome meal concepts in 2016 and that is one in every of my favorites. Nutrient dense and stuffed with protein, good fats and wholesome carbs, this eggs and garlic kale dish paired with charred tomato can be flavorful and satisfying. Wholesome cooking doesn’t suggest making boiled hen and plain brown rice meal after meal. Cooking wholesome meals is definitely actually enjoyable however can require a bit extra thought at instances. That does not imply it must be difficult. I choose to give you recipes which might be straightforward to execute for anybody.
Eggs are one in every of my favourite types of protein. They are often made in a variety of methods like delicate boiled, poached, fried and extra (exhausting boiled eggs are nice to have available as a seize and go snack). Plus, eggs are low-cost so that you get extra “bang on your buck” with eggs. We like to make use of the entire egg (you definitely wouldn’t have to) as a result of the egg yolk comprises so many priceless vitamins. Really, the egg yolks include 100% of the fats soluble nutritional vitamins A, D, E and Okay in addition to all of the carotenoids, lutein and zeaxanthin present in an egg. So that you lose all of that vitamin once you omit the egg yolk. As well as, they offer nice taste to a dish.
2 Eggs (we like pasture raised, natural)
Four Small Campari Tomatoes Minimize Into Quarters (or 1 medium tomato)
1.5 Tsp Olive Oil
Three Cups Child Kale Roughly Chopped (or chopped kale)
1/2 Clove Garlic (minced)
1/Four C Brief Grain Brown Rice (raw)
*Omit the brown rice for paleo or to scale back calorie consumption. Add further kale + olive oil to switch.
Salt + Pepper To Style (we used smoked black pepper for added taste)
1. Make your rice (in accordance with the instructions in your rice field or packet) – Put aside
2. Warmth a pan on medium with the olive oil till sizzling
3. Saute your garlic and kale in 1 tsp olive oil till kale is barely al dente, season with salt and pepper – as soon as kale is sautéed, put aside
4. Place tomatoes into pan that you just cooked the kale in and let charr, season with salt and pepper (permit them to char on all sides – about 1 – 2 minutes on every) – put aside
5. Make your eggs – sauté in about 1/2 tsp olive oil – let set to your required “tenderness”
Plate Your Dish:
Place the rice on the underside of the plate with the kale on prime. Prime that blend with the eggs and encompass the dish with the charred tomato.
The proper chunk features a bit of every ingredient – egg, kale, tomato and brown rice.
Simple Substitutions and Add Ons:
– Be at liberty to substitute with spinach for kale or use any spices you see match.
– Add protein – grilled hen or fish as a substitute of eggs would change the flavour. Grilled beef tenderloin would even be a beautiful mixture with the spinach and tomato.
– A sriracha drizzle would offer a pleasant spicy side to this meal.
– Please notice that additions and or substitutions might change the calorie depend of this dish.
Energy Per Serving – 490, Servings Per Recipe – 1